Personal data we collect
Binokula collects personal data from you directly, through our interactions with you and through our product. We also obtain data about you from third parties.
When you visit our website, you may browse and access most of the content without providing any personal information. We may, however, ask you to provide some personal information, such as:
- your name
- your job title and organization name
- your contact information, including email and/or phone
Providing the information outlined above is optional and you can decline to provide this data.
All personal data about you is stored securely and is not shared with any other organisation.
As well, when you visit our website, some anonymous (non-personally identifiable) information about you is collected through our analytics provider, including:
- your computer’s IP address
- search terms you use on our site, or to get to our site
- pages accessed and links clicked
- dates and times of visits
- the immediate previous site visited
- type of device you are using
- operating systems
- web browsers
- your region
- your language
The anonymous data described above is collected using a “cookie” (a small piece of computer code) placed on your computer by our analytics provider, which is used by us to monitor and improve our website’s performance.
All personally identifiable data about you is stored securely and is not shared with any other organisation.
How do we use your personal information?
- To provide you with information about our services
- To configure your free trial of Binokula
- Provide our products, which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request.
- Improve and develop our products.
- Personalize our products and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analysing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, developing our workforce, and doing research.
In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts or obtain data from third parties to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, to make informed business decisions, and for other legitimate purposes.
Reasons we share personal data
We share your personal data with your consent or to complete any transaction or provide any product you have requested or authorized. We also share data with Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries; with vendors working on our behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our products; and to protect the rights and property of our customers.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you and ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or +64 9 551 6999, or PO Box 997, Shortland St., Auckland 1140, New Zealand.
Last update 12 Oct 2021.